RBP IP TP

Company History

The development of the natural gas pipelines of Hungary
1938-1949 1949-1974 1974-1991 from 1991
map map map map
Legend
  • Domestic production inlet point
  • Former import inlet point
  • Storage inlet/exit point
  • Compressor station
  • Border exit import inlet point
  • Border exit point
  • Backhaul
  • Regional centre
According to pipeline diameter (Ø)
D≤ 300 gas pipelines
300 ≤D≤ 500 gas pipelines
600 ≤D≤ 800 gas pipelines
1000 ≤D gas pipelines
former natural gas pipeline

Milestones in the Natural Gas Industry

1937

The discovery of the first Hungarian oil and gas field in Budafapuszta, Zala county.

The handover of the first gas pipeline (Budafa – Újudvar).

1938

1943

The Hungarian-American Oil Inc has the gas pipeline connecting Bázakerettye and Nagykanizsa built.

The natural gas transmission to the capital begins (Bázakerettye – Budapest), The National Mineral Oil and Natural Gas Transportation Company is founded.

1949

1954

The Crude Oil Pipeline Company is established in Siófok.

The transmission through the first (Romanian – Hungarian) import pipeline begins.

1958

1968

A dispatch center opens at the company headquarters, in Siófok.

The Crude Oil Pipeline Company is divided into two companies, the Gas and Oil Transmission Company (GOV) and the Crude Oil Pipeline Construction Company (KVV).

1974

1975

Connecting to the Soviet natural gas transmission network (through the Testvériség import pipeline).

MOL Plc is established and GOV ceases to exist. Subsequently, the natural gas transmission organization operates as an organizational unit of MOL Plc.

1991

1996

The Austrian-Hungarian interconnector (HAG import gas pipeline) is built.

The MOL Natural Gas Transmission Plc is established.

2004

2008

The name of the company is changed to FGSZ Natural Gas Transmission Closed Company Limited by Shares (abbreviated as FGSZ Ltd).